🍓 Berry Farm & Grotto
Painshill is an award-winning 18th century landscape garden where you are invited to walk around a work of art. Winding paths will take you on a journey to discover a living canvas with beautiful vistas and dramatically placed garden buildings. Stroll around the Serpentine Lake, wander through woodland and promenade past follies, including the Ruined Abbey, Gothic Temple and Turkish Tent. A Grade I listed landscape garden, Painshill was created between 1738 and 1773 by the Honourable Charles Hamilton after he was inspired by landscape painting. From the sparkling Crystal Grotto to the enchanting Gothic Tower, each of the beautifully unique buildings celebrates a different styles of architecture. Other key features include the Waterwheel, a quaint Hermitage hidden in the woods and the Painshill Vineyard.
Pick your own in Cookham The Fruit Fields in Berkshire offers a wide range of high quality seasonal fruit and vegetables. A resurgence in interest for locally grown produce, together with the fun that can be obtained from fruit picking, continues to attract visitors back year after year. Strawberries, raspberries and cherries remain firm favourites with visitors.
- 08:45 Meet at Hotel Novotel London West, 1 Shortlands, W6 8DR (near Hammersmith Station)
- 10:00 – 12:00 The Fruit Fields (£4, please book in advance to avoid disappointment)
- 13:00 – 17:00 Painshill (from £5): Crystal Grotto, The Ruined Abbey, The Gothic Tower, The Gothic Temple, Temple of Bacchus, The Turkish Tent, Serpentine Lake, The Hermitage, Vineyard, Plantings, The Mausoleum, Pop-Up Cafe, Mr Hamilton’s Tea Room, Ice-cream hut
- 17:00 Departure
- 18:00 London, Hammersmith
Travel times may vary depending on traffic & weather conditions.
- English-speaking driver/tour manager
- Transport throughout the tour
- Professional IAM/RoSPA qualified driver
- Expert local knowledge and assistance during the trip
The price does not include:
- Entry fees – please look at the web links in itinerary
- Food during the trip – bring/buy your own
- Travel to the meeting point or drop-off/pick up point
- Extra stops on the route for pick up/drop-offs
- Personal travel insurance for cancellation, accident, health, theft of or damage to baggage
- Evebus Club – membership with extra rewards, including free booking transfer
- Walking guide: Lowland Leader – £10 per participant when guided
What to bring:
- Soft drinks/packed lunch
- Camera & phone charger
- Friendly attitude and good manners
That is it! We will handle the rest. All you have to do is turn up and have a great time!
Please note: by default, most of our group tours are designed for the Russian speaking community therefore, an audio guide on the coach will be played in the Russian language. We can always organize a private tour in your preferred language. Please contact us via email@example.com