🐿️ Brownsea & Studland Bay
I had no idea I had such a delightful spot in my kingdom’… So exclaimed the Prince Regent after a trip to Brownsea Island in 1818. For such a little island, it has had a remarkably varied history: military stronghold, industrial site, refuge for wildlife and Edwardian society. It has also been pillaged by Viking raiders and blitzed by Nazi bombers.
There is plenty to discover on Brownsea Island and at a mile long and just under a mile wide, a walk around the island is easily manageable. Explore the island to find your favourite viewpoint or picnic spot. At the far end of the island, enjoy views across to the Purbecks to the left and Poole to the right, on a clear day you might be able to spot Corfe Castle. Walk through the woodland to experience the peace and tranquility of the island, away from the hustle and bustle of the mainland. You may spot one of the elusive Sika deer or some red squirrels.
Alternatively you can stay at Knoll & Studland Beach (via chain ferry). Having a Blue Flag makes Studland Bay one of the purest sandy beaches of the South Coast with views of the legendary Harry Rocks, where you can walk along the seaside.
- 07:45 Meet at Hotel Novotel London West, 1 Shortlands, W6 8DR (near Hammersmith Station)
- 10:00 – 17:00 Brownsea Island by ferry (from £7)
- 11:00 – 16:30 Brownsea Island alternative – chain ferry (£2 return) for walk/ride to Shell Bay/Knoll Beach/Studland Bay/The Old Harry Rocks
- 16:30 Departure
- 19:30 London, Hammersmith
Travel times may vary depending on traffic & weather conditions.
- English-speaking driver/tour manager
- Transport throughout the tour
- Professional IAM/RoSPA qualified driver
- Expert local knowledge and assistance during the trip
The price does not include:
- Entry fees – please look at the web links in itinerary
- Food during the trip – bring/buy your own
- Travel to the meeting point or drop-off/pick up point
- Extra stops on the route for pick up/drop-offs
- Personal travel insurance for cancellation, accident, health, theft of or damage to baggage
- Evebus Club – membership with extra rewards, including free booking transfer
- Walking guide: Lowland Leader – £10 per participant when guided
What to bring:
- Soft drinks/packed lunch
- Camera & phone charger
- Friendly attitude and good manners
That is it! We will handle the rest. All you have to do is turn up and have a great time!
Please note: by default, most of our group tours are designed for the Russian speaking community therefore, an audio guide on the coach will be played in the Russian language. We can always organize a private tour in your preferred language. Please contact us via email@example.com