🚂 Corfe Castle & Swanage
The dramatic ruins of Corfe Castle stand on a natural hill guarding the principal route through the Purbeck Hills. Nothing could pass in or out without going past the Castle. It may have been a defensive site even in Roman times and Corfe Castle certainly has had a colourful history. The first castle buildings would have been built of wood. In 979 King Edward was reputedly murdered by his step-mother so that her own son Ethelred the Unready could become King of England. In the latter half of the 11th Century the Castle was rebuilt in stone by William the Conqueror and for the next six hundred years was a royal fortress used by the monarchs of England and latterly their constables.
The perfect getaway destination for all seasons. Situated in the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset, and a gateway town for exploring the Jurassic Coast a UNESCO world heritage site, Swanage is best known as a fun family resort, but it is also ideal for relaxing breaks, walking and cycling and for activity group and educational holidays.
The old village Corfe offers a unique range of independent shops, pubs, restaurants, teahouses, hotels, self-catering holiday homes, bed and breakfast accommodation and two free museums.
Photo credit: National Trust Images & our travellers.
- 08:45 meet at Hotel Novotel London West, 1 Shortlands, London, W6 8DR (near Hammersmith Station)
- 09:00-12:00 transfer
- 12:00 ferry to Swanage (included)
- 12:30-13:00 Studland Beach
- 13:00-14:30 Harry Rocks
- 14:30-15:20 town Swanage (Jurassic cost)
- 15:20 optional Steam Train to Corfe Castle (please book your tickets in advance for 16:00 time slot from £8.00/free by minibus)
- 15:50-17:00 Corfe castle (please book your tickets in advance from £5.50 free for NT) village Corfe
- 17:00-20:00 transfer
- 20:00 London, Hammersmith.
Travel times may vary depending on traffic & weather conditions.
✅ Participation includes:
- english-speaking driver-tour manager
- transport throughout the tour
- professional IAM/RoSPA qualified driver
- expert local knowledge and assistance during the trip
❌The price does not include:
- entry fees
- food during the trip (chose what you prefer)
- personal travel insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, theft of or damage to baggage)
- travel to the starting and finishing points of the trip
- extra stops on the route for pick up/drop offs
- tips to the driver/tour-manager
🎒 What to bring:
- water/packed lunch
- spare change
- photo camera & phone charger
- friendly attitude and good manners 🙂
That’s it, we’ll handle the rest. All you have to do is turn up and have a great weekend!
Get the best price 14 days in advance to the tour (full price is £48).
📩 Please note: by default, most of our group tours are designed for the Russian speaking community, therefore, the audio cd record is played in the Russian language. We can always organize a private tour in your preferred language. Please contact us via email@example.com