🥾 Lulworth Cove
Let’s focus on feeling good after the lockdown and maybe work off the extra pounds. A leisure activity will help you to return to a healthy lifestyle through the Nordic Walking!
This time we are walking west along the shores of the Jurassic coast featuring natural formations from Lulworth Cove to Bat’s Head visiting Durdle Door.
Durdle Door is a well known world-famous geological wonder, with its massive rock arch, set right on the Jurassic Coast between Swanage and Weymouth, just along the coast path from Lulworth Cove, it is absolutely beautiful. Durdle Door has a sloping beach for bathing or snorkeling from, caves and exciting rock strata. Only a short walk from Lulworth Cove and makes a nice place to have a picnic, sunbathe and go swimming, there was once a dolphin in the bay! They say that one day there will be no Durdle Door left, however another arch is cutting it’s way through the rocks – Bat’s Head, the name came from the small mammal species who found a safe home in the natural formation of the rock.
The short walk East fo Lulworth Cove will bring us to the dramatic Fossil Forest, the petrified remains of a cypress forest growing in a swamp on the edge of a warm lagoon in the Jurassic period when dinosaurs roamed the earth. The forest is within the Lulworth Firing Range and so can only be visited when the range is open – usually on weekends. A good walk for children, who will be fascinated by the rock formations and the fossil forest, as well as the shingle beach with its limestone and chalk spurs and boulders.
- 08:45 meet at Hotel Novotel London West, Shortlands, W6 8DR (near Hammersmith Station)
- 12:00 Lulworth Cove
- 12:00 – 14:00 walking from Lulworth Cove to Fossil Forest, free time at Lulworth Cove
- 14:00 – 17:00 walking from Lulworth Cove to Bats Head via Durdle Door
- 17:00 departure from Lulworth Cove
- 20:00 London, Hammersmith
Travel times may vary depending on traffic & weather conditions.
- english-speaking IAM/RoSPA qualified driver
- transport throughout the tour
- professional event organization
- expert local knowledge and assistance during the trip
The price does not include:
- food during the trip (choose what you prefer)
- personal travel insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, theft of or damage to baggage)
- travel to the starting and finishing points of the trip
- extra stops on the route for pick up/drop offs
- walking guide (Qualified Lowlands Leader) £10 per participant when guided
- tips to the walking leader/driver
What to bring:
- soft drinks/packed lunch
- walking poles/rent £10
- spare change
- camera & phone charger
- friendly attitude and good manners 🙂
That’s it, we’ll handle the rest. All you have to do is turn up and have a great weekend!
📩 Please note: We can always organize a private tour. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org