☀️ Seaside of Devon
With a sublime mixture of stunning coastline and rugged countryside, North Devon is the ultimate destination for a UK break. Enjoy a slower pace of life wandering through its quaint villages, action-packed adventures on the world-class surfing beaches, and an array of delicious foods found on every corner – not forgetting a freshly-baked scone – served the Devon way of course! It doesn’t matter if you’re travelling as a couple, a family or with multiple generations, there’s plenty to please everyone within this little gem of a holiday destination.
Set within a spectacular ancient valley, Dartmoor’s famous Becky Falls has been attracting visitors since 1903, and no trip to Devon would be complete without a visit. Take time to explore over 50 acres of woodland and streams which are rich in wildlife. There is a choice of trails. Choose the Blue Trail for a gentler walk along the Becka Brook and through the ancient oak woodland. The Red Trail is where you will discover our stunning waterfall and its dramatic 70ft drop at the heart of the park. Why not have a go at our notoriously fun boulder scramble and if you enjoy that, carry on to the Purple Trail for views of the beautiful lower falls on more rugged terrain.
Berry Head is a National Nature Reserve. This stunning headland, with its iconic lighthouse and Napoleonic Fort, is surrounded by water on three sides and offers exceptional views across Torbay and beyond. It is Torbay’s most designated heritage site being a Special Area of Conservation, National Nature Reserve, Site of Special Scientific Interest and Scheduled Ancient Monument to name only four! The guillemot colony is protected by the only Area of Special Protection in the UK, which prohibits boats from entering the cove during their breeding season. You can enjoy superb coastal walks, spot a wide range of wildlife on land and at sea or simply relax in the award-winning Guardhouse Café.
Bayard’s Cove Fort built between 1522 and 1536, contained heavy guns to protect Dartmouth harbour town from attack. The fort was the last line of defence against enemy ships that had eluded Dartmouth and Kingswear castles and the iron chain stretched across the Dart estuary between them. Occupying a terrace cut from the rocky river bank, Bayard’s Cove Fort is picturesquely sited at the entrance to Dartmouth harbour. The fort can only be reached on foot.
One of the most beautifully located fortresses in England. For over 600 years Dartmouth Castle has guarded the narrow entrance to the Dart Estuary and the busy, vibrant port of Dartmouth. It offers stunning views of the estuary and out to sea and offers a great family day out, whatever the weather.
Fast Rabbit Garden occupies 43 acres of the secluded Strawberry Valley. Nurtured since 1991, it is probably the largest garden featuring acid-loving plants in the county. Here we try to bring you a flavour of the garden in each season and an impression of the range of habitats which are home to a vast family of plants, birds and other creatures. You will certainly be stunned by the vivid blooms and also soothed by the ever-present sound of water as it splashes, trickles and cascades through the valley. We look forward to welcoming you to this haven which is Devon’s best kept secret.
To your attention:
Be aware that in 2021 you have to pre book all entry tickets to any attractions accordingly to the tour itinerary you wish to visit. For your convenience please follow the web-links below for any individual reservations. No group bookings can be prearranged by us.
Day 1 – Saturday:
- 07:45 meet at Hotel Novotel London West, Shortlands, W6 8DR (near Hammersmith Station)
- 12:00-14:00 Becky Falls (from £7.50, please book your tickets in advance)
- 15:00-16:00 The Guardhouse Cafe, lunch
- 16:00-17:00 Berry Head
- 17:30 check in at pre booked hotel in Paignton
Day 2 – Sunday:
- 08:00-08:45 breakfast
- 09:00 departure
- 10:00-10:40 Bayard’s Cove Fort (free)
- 11:00-14:00 Dartmouth Castle (from £4.70, please book your tickets in advance for 11:00 time slot), lunch
- 14:30-17:00 Fast Rabbit Farm (£5)
- 17:00 departure
- 21:00 London, Hammersmith.
Travel times may vary depending on traffic and weather conditions.
- english-speaking driver-tour manager
- transport throughout the tour
- professional IAM/RoSPA qualified driver
- expert local knowledge and assistance during the trip
The price does not include:
- our guide (instead we have a driver/tour-manager)
- entry fees (please look at the web links in itinerary)
- food during the trip (choose what you prefer)
- personal travel insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, theft of or damage to baggage)
- travel to the starting and finishing points of the trip
- extra stops on the route for pick up/drop offs
- tips to the driver/tour-manager
What to bring:
- soft drinks & packed lunch
- spare change
- swimwear 👙
- small bag: 40x25x20cm up to 10kg
- camera & phone charger
- friendly attitude and good manners 🙂
That’s it, we’ll handle the rest. All you have to do is turn up and have a great weekend!
📩 Please note: by default, most of our group tours are designed for the Russian speaking community, therefore, the audio cd record is played in the Russian language. We can always organize a private tour in your preferred language. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org